HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY
St. John Lutheran School was created in 1848 by a group of German immigrants in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. Our first school building was erected on Maujer Street in 1869 on a lot adjoining the church. In 1927 the school was transferred to a newly acquired property at the congregation’s sister church in Glendale. The present school building was completed in 1957, with three new classrooms added to it in 1992.
St. John's recognizes that each student is created in the image of God. We strive to encourage students in their spiritual lives, by teaching the basics of the Christian faith. Then students come to know Jesus as their personal Savior through the working of the Holy Spirit.
Our goal at St. John's is to form a partnership with the parents. It is through this joint effort that these values can be put into practice. It is our intention to graduate students who are living examples of their faith and who value the gift of a keen mind and a curious intellect.